Tanglin Rugby Club Singapore
All players, parents, spectators, coaches and team officials are expected to adhere to the Tanglin Rugby Club Codes of Conduct. Respecting the codes of conduct is a condition of club membership.
Codes of Conduct
To provide a friendly, caring and competitive environment for all children and youth in Singapore, boys and girls, who wish to play Rugby.
Coaches' Code of Conduct
- Encourage the game to be played for fun and as an opportunity to learn skills and disciplines of the game.
- Ensure that Children, while in your care, are training or playing in an environment or manner, safe from harm.
- Never ridicule, belittle, or verbally abuse any player.
- Aim to obtain iRB Coaching qualifications, and encourage other volunteer coaches to do so.
- Promote fair play at all times and condemn unsporting behaviour.
- Ensure that your behaviour at all times does not bring the club into disrepute and is consistent with the principles of good sporting behaviour.
- Avoid over-playing the most talented players. All players need and deserve appropriate match time.
- Develop team Respect for opponents, officials and opposing coaches.
- Compliment players on their efforts.
- Refrain from criticism of, or reaction to, the referee's judgment and decisions and ensure the players do so at all times.
- Refrain from over-zealous coaching from the touch line.
Parents' Code of Conduct
- Encourage participation by your children.
- Provide a model of good sportsmanship for your child to copy.
- Be courteous in your communication with players, team officials, match officials and all members of the club.
- Encourage honest effort, skilled performance and team loyalty.
- Make new parents feel welcome on all occasions.
- Do not interfere with the conduct of any events.
- Ensure your child has the correct protective wear and boots during practice and games.
- Ensure your child has been included in the club registration process.
Spectator's Code of Conduct
- Demonstrate appropriate social behaviour.
- Remember the children play for the enjoyment. Make sure your behaviour does not detract from their enjoyment.
- Let match officials conduct events without interference.
- Support skilled performances and team play with generous applause.
- Demonstrate respect for opposing players and their supporters.
Team Members' Code of Conduct
- Compete by the tournament rules and the laws of the game.
- Never argue with the referee's decision.
- Control your temper - no criticism by word or gesture.
- Work equally hard for yourself and your team - your team's performance will benefit and so will your own.
- Be a good sport. Encourage and support your own team members.
- Co-operate with your coach and team mates.
- Show respect for your opponents and their skills.
- Be friendly to all participants.
Any transgressions of the Codes of Conduct, by players both on and off the field, or inappropriate Spectator, Volunteer, Parent or Coaching Staff conduct at matches or during training sessions, will result in disciplinary action being considered by the Committee.
Any penalties imposed by the Committee will be in accordance with the guidelines as set out by the RFU, these guidelines can be found on this site.
A serious breach of the Tanglin Rugby Club Codes of Conduct may lead to suspension and ultimately exclusion from the club.
*Dated February 2012