Tanglin Rugby Club will be sponsoring the Future Hope Charity to bring 20+ kids to Singapore in October to participate in our TRC Cup rugby tournament.
This is part of a 2-way partnership where we will also be travelling to Kolkata to volunteer for the charity to build a strong relationship. We would greatly appreciate your support in making this happen and to give back to those less fortunate than us.
If you would like to donate please click HERE
Founded in Kolkata in 1987 by Tim Grandage, Future Hope now has a number of homes for boys and for girls, which provide accommodation for children ranging in age from five to nineteen. The Future Hope School offers education from kindergarten to Class 12 (A level equivalent) both to children from their homes and to children from nearby slums who attend as day scholars. Day scholars make up about half of all the pupils in the 250 strong school. Sport and many other activities broaden their horizons and foster their talents. Once they have completed their schooling, Future Hope helps the young adults to move into higher education, training or paid employment.
Through their homes and school, Future Hope is committed to providing Kolkata's street kids with the fundamental aspects of normal family life:
- a sense of belonging in a secure and loving home
- to be amongst people they can trust and on whom they can depend
- to be healthy and well fed
- to enjoy the freedom to laugh and play
- to discover their individual talents and explore their creativity
- to receive an education that challenges their minds and prepares them for future employment and a life of independence
For further information please contact Grant Coombe : firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated 00:21 - 11 Sep 2017 by TRC Communications